Do you have a child who dislikes veggies? Try this new recipe, we have hidden veggies that they will never taste!
1¼ cups whole wheat flour
¼ cup First Quality cocoa
1¼ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 whole banana, mashed
½ cup raw sugar
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp First Quality Vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
½ cup raw sugar (optional)
½ Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
½ Cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions 1. Preheat oven to 350 F◦.
2. Grease muffin pan and set aside. If using paper liners, lightly spray inside of liners with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
3. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. In another bowl, cream mashed banana with applesauce and sugar (use extra 1/2 cup for a very sweet, dessert-like muffin).
4. Add in soymilk, vanilla, zucchini and any other optional add-ins you might like such as vegan chocolate chips or chopped raw walnuts. Stir until evenly combined. Add flour mix to wet mix in 3-4 batches and stir until combined.
5. Spoon batter into greased muffin pan and bake 18-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
These muffins store well both in the fridge and freezer & the raw sugar in this recipe may be reduced to 1/2 cup.
Ingredients: 2 ½ Cups Buttermilk
1 ½ Cups Whipping Cream
1 1/3 Cups Sugar
1 Tablespoon First Quality Imitation Vanilla Extract
1. In an 8-cup glass measuring cup with a spout, combine all ingredients. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately or store in the freezer in a plastic container with a snap-on lid.
Ingredients for Topping:
1 Stick butter, softened
1 tsp. First Quality Imitation Vanilla
2 1/2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
2 Tbsp. Sauza Blue Reposado 100% Agave Teqiula*
1 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
Zest of 2 limes
* may sub with Sauza Gold if Sauza Blue Reposado isnt available.
1. Preheat oven to 350◦. Line 2 cupcake pans with baking liners. Beat 2 sticks of butter and sugar until creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs, egg white and oil.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt until well blended. In a measuring cup, stir together the milk, 2 tbsp. lime juice & 1/2 tsp. FQ imitation vanilla. Mix in 1/3 of the wet mixture to the butter mix, then 1/3 of the dry mix. Repeat until it is all well blended-do not over mix. Mix in the lime zest.
3. Fill each cupcake liner about three quarters full with batter. Bake for 25 minutes.
4. While cupcakes are cooling, make the icing. Beat 1 stick butter until creamy. Blend in 1 cup confectioners sugar, 2 Tbsp. Sauza Blue Reposado, 2 Tbsp. Lime juice, 1/2 tsp. FQ imitation vanilla, lime peel and 1 tsp. salt until smooth and creamy. Beat the remaining 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar 1/3 at a time until soft enough to spread.
5. Spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes. If you want to add a little “life” to your cupcakes add a lime wedge, round of line or add a drop of green food coloring to your frosting.