Ingredients for Topping:
1 Stick butter, softened
1 tsp. First Quality Imitation Vanilla
2 1/2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
2 Tbsp. Sauza Blue Reposado 100% Agave Teqiula*
1 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Fresh lime juice
Zest of 2 limes
* may sub with Sauza Gold if Sauza Blue Reposado isnt available.
1. Preheat oven to 350◦. Line 2 cupcake pans with baking liners. Beat 2 sticks of butter and sugar until creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs, egg white and oil.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt until well blended. In a measuring cup, stir together the milk, 2 tbsp. lime juice & 1/2 tsp. FQ imitation vanilla. Mix in 1/3 of the wet mixture to the butter mix, then 1/3 of the dry mix. Repeat until it is all well blended-do not over mix. Mix in the lime zest.
3. Fill each cupcake liner about three quarters full with batter. Bake for 25 minutes.
4. While cupcakes are cooling, make the icing. Beat 1 stick butter until creamy. Blend in 1 cup confectioners sugar, 2 Tbsp. Sauza Blue Reposado, 2 Tbsp. Lime juice, 1/2 tsp. FQ imitation vanilla, lime peel and 1 tsp. salt until smooth and creamy. Beat the remaining 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar 1/3 at a time until soft enough to spread.
5. Spread the frosting on the cooled cupcakes. If you want to add a little “life” to your cupcakes add a lime wedge, round of line or add a drop of green food coloring to your frosting.